Unfortunately, mold can quickly infest cement and concrete surfaces. Under the right conditions, mold could grow on this rough, uneven surface.
Although concrete and seemingly impenetrable surfaces can be quite porous, spores can rapidly colonize a new environment and spread if the conditions are right. If you don't get professional help fixing and preventing mold, it can quickly become a significant issue at home.
This is a typical result of water leaks and floods, so you'll want Ashland Flooded House repair specialists on the job.
Is There A Way To Tell If Mold Is Present On Concrete?
When mold develops on cement or concrete, it can take on various colors, including black, green, brown, and white. As a result, it might feel fuzzy or raised or look like staining. If you don't know what you're looking for, mold can easily be mistaken for moss or algae.
Over time, mold can break down whatever it's growing on. If the conditions for mold growth are kept constant, and the mold is allowed to spread unchecked, even hard surfaces like concrete can be damaged.
Stains are not always caused by mold. Efflorescence is a harmless white deposit left behind by evaporating water that looks like mold. In contrast to efflorescence, mold stains on the concrete would require scraping or scrubbing.
When you need a 5-star service? Then, you've come to the right place. We offer water restoration service & carpet cleaning in Medford, Ashland, Jackson County, and Jacksonville.
Cleaning Mold From Concrete
If you notice mold growing on your home's cement or concrete, it's time to call a mold removal service. If mold isn't dealt with, it can cause serious health problems. As a bonus, mold growth could return if you don't fix your Ashland flooded house.
- Slab foundations and block walls are just two examples of cement and concrete surfaces that should be protected from mold growth. The standard precautions include the following:
- Limiting the infiltration of water: Verify the stability of the base. If water seeps in through the basement floor or walls, you may consider having the area professionally sealed and filled.
- A downspout is used to direct water away from the house during rainstorms.
- Get gutters put up on your house. Water should be directed away from the house's foundation, so the drainage system should be clear.
- It is important to keep surfaces clean because mold spores have a more challenging time colonizing sterile environments. It is equally important to keep the concrete flooring at home clean.
Mold needs water to grow, so keep an eye on your roof, basement, and crawlspace for any signs of leaks or other water damage. If you notice any signs of water damage, don't hesitate to call in the experts.
The professionals at Swept Away Restoration are well-versed in the situation, so you won't have to.
Swept Away Restoration Is The Best Option In Ashland
Mold can grow on seemingly impenetrable materials like poured concrete, concrete blocks, and cement. If you discover mold growth in your home, do not try to eliminate it alone.
If you need emergency help for restoration and how to process your insurance claim, then you need experts. Contact Swept Away for a free estimate or speak to staff directly if you have an emergency.
Alternatively, you can fill in the compact form below for a staff member to be in touch. In addition, you can check our customer reviews on Google.