Water damage is a devastating problem in any residential area. Any home is at risk of severe damage from natural disasters, flooding, plumbing issues, and sewage backups.
In the event of property damage, it is always prudent to seek the services of a professional repairman. As a result, this may help prevent the problem from getting worse and damaging nearby buildings.
Water extraction is one of the best ways to prevent further water damage. What is water extraction, though, and how can it be used by Jacksonville flooded-house repair pros to save your home?
Restoration of a Flooded Home in Jacksonville
Water extraction refers to the process of removing water from its source. Sewage, mud, and anything else that could damage your home is floating in the water. Immediate action is required to prevent further property loss and bacterial growth in the water.
Water extraction is commonly used for cleaning up oil spills, which frequently occur in waterways like lakes and rivers.
What Role Do Experts Play in Draining Water from a Flooded Home?
This strategy uses cutting-edge equipment and techniques to eliminate any surplus water in an area before it causes problems. Swept Away Restoration's water removal procedure entails the following steps:
- First, you must turn off the main water supply. The likelihood is high that the main water shut-off valve causes problems with basements and underground water leaks. To find the source of the leak, you will still need to call a plumber even after the water has been turned off.
- The next step is to drain the area of water. The skilled water extraction team will remove the contaminated water using suckers, sewer cleaners, and other water extraction equipment. This will prevent groundwater contamination and water overflowing into the basement.
- After the water has been removed and the area has dried, there is a good chance that there will still be some undetectable water damage. Invisible water damage may lead to mold and mildew that have already colonized the space. To prevent more severe damage, mold cleaning equipment must extract this hidden water damage.
- A disinfection procedure is then performed if the water extraction process is successful. At this point, the expert will use disinfection agents to eliminate any bacteria and germs in the water.
- Due to the contaminated water's contact with your home, the disinfection process is crucial. A couple of the disinfectants used are hydrogen peroxide and bleach.
- Now that the area has been thoroughly cleaned let it dry naturally. Again, stopping further mold growth is necessary, even though it will take some time.
Why It's Critical to Use Jacksonville Flooded Home Repair
Water damage can be caused by circumstances that are out of your control. For example, a house may occasionally flood because of a broken underground pipe or a pipe not working correctly. Water extraction must be done to prevent further damage, including mold development.
Therefore, it helps to prevent the spread of bacteria and viruses in the water. Finally, it prevents the contamination of nearby dwellings when experts such as Swept Away Restoration are on the scene.
Swept Away Restoration Offers Emergency Services For Flooded Homes
One of the best ways to protect your home from water damage is to have an expert perform water extraction. Therefore, it is vital to stop the water leak before further damage occurs.
In Jacksonville, Swept Away Restoration is the go-to restoration company for any water or flood damage.
If you need emergency help or need help with your insurance, it is best to contact Swept Away for a free estimate.
Alternatively, you can fill in the compact form below for a staff member to be in touch. In addition, you can check our customer reviews on Google.