You should be aware of the potential for mold to spread in your home, as it can negatively affect your health. Although mold spores are always present, they are not always actively growing; thus, we are not always at risk for mold-related illnesses.
As a result, you’ll understand why it’s essential to have the contact information for a Jacksonville flooded house cleanup service on hand.
Critical Components for Mold Growth
Spores, the reproductive units of mold, can be found virtually anywhere. Mold spores become active and spread when the relative humidity exceeds 70%. That means your home is more susceptible to mold growth and spread if the temperature exceeds 65 degrees.
Mold must have the following conditions to grow and spread:
- To reproduce, mold spores must settle on a damp surface, such as a wet floor, carpet, or wood.
- Mold spores become active when the relative humidity is over 70%, and the temperature is above 65 F.
- Mold requires water to thrive. This means mold requires a source of steady moisture to thrive.
The growth of mold and mildew can be detected in as little as 48 hours after the onset of flooding or a leak. Therefore, companies like Swept Away Restoration, which specialize in flooded house cleanup in Jacksonville, need to move quickly.
When you need a 5-star service? Then, you’ve come to the right place. In most cases, we can come running in less than an hour to offer flooded house damage restoration & carpet cleaning in Jacksonville, Medford, Jackson County, and Ashland.
In What Ways Can Mold In Your Home Spread?
Finding and eliminating mold in your home may be difficult, but it is possible. Mildew can rapidly spread in many ways.
- Mold spores are tiny organisms that can disperse and grow wherever the wind blows.
- These spores disperse more rapidly in warm, humid conditions.
- Because mold grows best in damp conditions, always ensure there is some kind of water supply nearby.
- It’s not hard for mold spores floating in the air to find their way indoors, where they’ll remain until the house is flooded or the mold is removed. Therefore, you need to monitor your home for water leaks and other forms of water damage.
What Should You Do About Mold?
Get a professional inspection done if you think mold may be a problem in your home. Swept Away Restoration can help you quickly fix these problems and return your home to a healthy state.
If you hire a professional company to clean up your flooded home, they will use high-powered water pumps and drying equipment to eliminate any chance of mold growth.
Insurance claims for mold remediation often involve more than just the affected walls. Swept Away Restoration can help you get your claim processed quickly because of their direct relationship with many insurance providers.
Get Help And Support From Jacksonville Flooded House Cleanup Experts
Several actions can be taken to prevent mold growth in your home. However, you should always be prepared to call the experts if you suspect a mold issue in your home.
Jacksonville’s top water damage restoration business is called Swept Away Restoration.
If you need emergency flooded house repair or water damage restoration to remove mold from your home, contact Swept Away Restoration for a free estimate.
Alternatively, you can fill in the compact form below for a staff member to be in touch. In addition, you can check our customer reviews on Google.